I’m Victoria Estrella Worch
It’s great to meet you! At Cafevic, I share advice and reflections on what I’ve learned from my own personal journey working in higher education. My recent work is on my experience of becoming of mom of twins after having my son. How my own career shifted from advising student leaders to academic advising. How I learned to best support transfer students, and that finding my way to community leadership development made all the difference.
Along with writing peices for my own blog, I have written for twiniversity.com and Multiplicity Magazine.
I have a Masters in Education in College Student Affairs from Azusa Pacific University and a B.A. in Liberal Arts from the Hutchins School of Liberal Studies at Sonoma State University.
5 fun facts about me!
1. I loved watching Stranger Things and The Crown, can’t wait for them to come back on.
2. When I go out to restaurants, I love sitting at the Bar.
3. I have advised over 200 Community College Student Government Officers and have been the advisor to 13 different Associated Students groups.
4. If I could open a small business it would be a cafe/coffee shop called Cafevic. (Current retirement plan. either by the sea or in the mountains)
5. In my free time, I write, do yoga, hike to the top, and ride bikes with my family.
Something I do to make a difference in my community?
I’m a leadership consultant for the Novato Chamber. This fall, I’m excited to teach my 3rd Leadership Novato Class.
Something New, Something old?
My running shoes our new, yay! Our washer and dryer is old, but man, we are told they are old school and will last another 10 years!
Something worth reading?
“Wild From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail” by Cheryl Strayed. Changed my life! I read it the first 3 months my twins were born. Let’s just say, at 3am, I was on the couch feeding babies, but in my mind I was in the Sierra Nevadas. Loved it!
My twins are five!
Something worth doing?
Taking a one year maternity leave.
Something worth letting go?
Important achievements to me:
- Marrying Matthias Worch
- Giving birth and raising my son and twin daughters.
- Finishing my M.Ed in College Student Affairs at APU
- Graduating from Sonoma State University, 1999, B.A. Hutchins School of Liberal Studies
- Graduating from Bear River High School, 1995
- Living by myself for 2 1/2 years, 2002-2004. Living in Rhode Island, 1997-1998.
- Traveling to Seattle many times in my 20’s with my best friend, Spain on my own, Germany with my husband, Canada with my parents and sister, and Mexico with my roommate.
I hope you gain something from my writings and if you see something you like that you would like to publish, please contact me. I would love to work with you. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m also on Twitter @cafevic.
Special thank you to my editors Robyn Tornay and Matthias Worch for helping make this happen.
Thank you for stopping by!